The fine folks over at Miso have announced a developer competition and are extending a warm invitation to the Boxee family to compete. Miso serves up a piping hot social TV platform for checking into your favorite shows, earning points and badges while discovering what fun stuff your friends are watching. We share a lot of users in common and now they’re rolling out the red carpet to our development crew to kick out some tight social TV apps.
Here’s the skinny:
Deadline: 10 May 2011, noon Pacific Daylight Time.
Prize: A brand spanking new iPad 2, ready for our upcoming Boxee iOS app.
Rules: Must leverage the Miso API to do something awesome.
What kind of awesome can be built with Miso and Boxee? Oh how about some of these tasty treats:
- Auto check-ins on Miso when you watch shows on Boxee
- Change show on Boxee based upon what your friends watch in Miso
- Notification when a new episode of a show you follow on Miso is available on Boxee
- Check out your friends’ favorite shows
- Leave notes on shows for your friends to see
- A Boxee app hinting on how what would be best to watch to earn Miso badges
- Create an auto-running playlist Boxee app based on Miso trends
As usual, I’m here to make sure you win. Hit me up on IRC at FreeNode at #boxee, on Twitter at @boxee_api and via email at rob [at] boxee [dot] tv if you run into any snags.
Go get ‘em!