We are working to release a separate update to the Boxee Box to update the Flash player and fix some key bugs. After this update the Boxee Box will go into maintenance mode. We will discontinue its distribution and will not be releasing any additional major updates. However, the Boxee Box will continue to function as it does today. TV show and movie library, artwork look-up, channel listings data for Live TV users, etc. will all continue to be provided by Boxee.
While new applications will no longer be released for the Boxee Box, we still encourage third party developers to keep their creative juices flowing and continue to release quality apps within their own repositories.
All of our documentation in one place.
- Application Documentation – complete application documentation available here. everything in one place
- Python API – Using python with your application to expand its abilities.
- GUI/XML API – The guts of every Boxee application.
- RSS Specification – Use RSS for your application content.
- Remote Control Interface API – Full documentation on the remote control interface API.
Full examples to help you get started.
Still lost? More questions? No problem.
To utilize the Boxee API you must accept the terms and conditions set forth in the API Terms of Service.